I think I can speak for a lot of people right now when I say getting a good night sleep is not easy! With all the uncertainty in the world and our minds running wild at night, tossing and turning and having our sleep schedules just straight screwed up, I’ve been incorporating some nightly things to help me sleep better.
I thought I would share some of the therapeutic things I’ve been doing before bed that have been helping me relieve stress and get a good night sleep.
- Take a hot shower or bath: there’s nothing more cozy than getting into a robe after being refreshed and cuddling into bed.
- Plan your day in a planner: I love doing this and planning ahead for the day to come before bed. This way, I can get all of my thoughts in order and wake up being productive. It also helps me to not be scatter brained at night when trying to sleep.
- Hot drink: Have a hot tea or hot lemon water before bed. I love how calming this is and it’s good for the body. Can’t go wrong with that! Add some honey for even more health benefits.
- Limited time activity: Give yourself a time limit on your phone, iPad etc. I like to limit myself to a half hour of Pinterest or a game on my phone. If you enjoy reading, you can do this too. It’s good to do something in bed that relaxes and is fun for you.
- Skincare: A good face mask and skincare routine always makes ya feel good before hitting the sheets! Tip: Anything with lavender is good for stress relief and sleeping habits.